Posted Thursday, January 10th 2013 @ 7am
According to Yahoo! Finance, the following strategies might help you obtain the discount deal you deserve:
- Butter up – Strike up conversation, ask how their day is going, and always SMILE.
- Ask about exceptions – Ask questions like, “do you ever make exceptions or drop certain charges?” or, “do you give discounts to certain people?”
- Offer a solution - Look for ways to also make their lives easier or approaches that might help the company.
- Remind the company of its own standards - Make sure the representative knows how long you’ve been a customer. They will appreciate your loyalty.
- Be dispassionate - Stay cool, calm, and collected no matter what.
- Stay silent after hearing “no” - The awkward silence might prompt the representative to change his/her mind.
How have YOU negotiated for your desired price? Did it work?
See the video below for more information from Yahoo! Finance.